December 9, 2014

Ntfrs failure

   Three days ago I found a warning in Ntfrs log of domain controller based on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. I had two domain controllers - one virtual and one physical. Event ID was 13508 and its' description was:
"The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from <server 1 name> to <server 2 name> for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain; retrying".
   I found several decisions here. Editing register from the most popular advice gave no result, because BurFlags Value Name after restarting became 0 again. I read this on Microsoft web site in knowledge base. So I created on DC with PDC in c:\sysvol\domain folder a file NTFRS_CMD_FILE_MOVE_ROOT without extension. Then restarted ntfrs. After that I restarted ntfrs on another DC.
   Everything became fine in frs replication, but on PDC I found NETLOGON error 5706 with description: "The Netlogon service could not create server share. The following error occurred: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". I went to eventid and found a link to MS knowledge base. I stopped netlogon service and added 2 register keys, one was already created (SysVol), after creation another (DBFlag) I started netlogon and error went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment